Sunday, April 14, 2019

March 16, 2004

Dreamed of reading in an old publication that health officials in 19th-century Sackville, N.B., sprayed stray dogs with a puree made from wild beets so that hoboes wouldn't eat them; telling John that I liked a girl once.

Waited at Covent Garden again and got a ballet ticket for tonight for just 14 pounds!  Then I visited the nearby Theatre Museum. (Very noisy.)

Went to the Roy Lichtenstein pop art exhibit at the Hayward Gallery.  His work is pretty fun.

Met Mrs. Vickers at lunchtime. (She was warden of Goodenough House when I was a resident there.) Lunch was linguini with meatballs.

Took pictures of the City of London seen from the South Bank, the John Bunyan statue, and Piccadilly Circus.

Spent another afternoon at the National Portrait Gallery--and I'm still not quite finished!

Saw the Royal Ballet doing Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty.  It was a lovely production, colourful and imaginative.  But I'm not sure I'm a ballet fan. (This time I was in the top balcony.)

No comments:

Post a Comment