Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 25, 2004

Dreamed of a fire in the fireplace of our Sackville home; seeing the sun rising in the northwest(?); an old horror movie with a circular bicycle chase; a western serial with the musical theme "Splendera l'essecrable vera" from Lucia di Lamermoor; taking a course in London; the western True Grit.

Saw the Verdi opera Falstaff at the Hummingbird Centre.  Really breathless, with some impressive music, especially the fairy number. (The pre-show lecturer said, "It threatens to come apart at the seams," which is the sort of thing lecturers say.)

Donald, John and Rae came over for dinner, which was lasagna.

Headache.

When Father was driving our guests home, I got him to bring back some Coke. (I would have gone out and got it myself, but I was under the weather.) He's nice that way--he even asked me what kind I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment