Saturday, January 5, 2019

January 2, 2004

Dreamed of fixing an apparatus that produced blood; returning later to find that it had spilled out over the floor, causing a big mess; meeting a group of ghosts in front of my Cape Breton aunt's home; trying to ask them questions.

On second thought, I do have a New Year's resolution:  to read a Graham Greene novel.

Went to the store and got some No-Name noodles.  I found them in shrimp flavour for the first time in years! [I've got out of the habit of eating them recently.]

Dinner was spaghetti.

Saw Clint Eastwood's Mystic River at the Mount Pleasant.  It was a grim murder drama, bluntly powerful, with bravura performances and suitably stark photography by Tom Stern.  It was set in Boston and had a superb sense of place. (I liked the Boston accents.) I'll have to see it again someday.  It's a triumph. [Another movie with good Boston accents is Robert Mitchum's The Friends of Eddie Coyle.]

No comments:

Post a Comment