Monday, January 21, 2019

January 19, 2004

Dreamed of the dance teacher Elena (she was at the dance studio Friday); reflecting that the TV show Little House on the Prairie was different from the books and not for the better; recalling that actors weren't allowed to participate in the Chinese Empire's famous civil service examinations [a true fact]; bicycling with Mother (I've never seen her on a bicycle, but I'd just seen a scene in Late Spring where actress Setsuko Hara bicycled with a man) and telling her the story that movie star Victor Mature tried to join a gentleman's club, was told that they didn't accept actors, and said "I'm no actor, and I have thirty movies and a scrapbook of reviews to prove it!" (I'd read the story in his obituary.)

Started listening to the Lucia di Lamermoor CD.

It turns out that we do own a copy of Brighton Rock, so I'll be able to return the library copy and read it in my own time.

Moira came back from Kingston.

Dinner was roast pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment