Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 7, 2003

Dreamed of the German movie Fitzcarraldo, with Claudia Cardinale.

We drove down to Humber Bay.

In the late afternoon my eyes got really watery, probably because of a weed in the garden.

Dinner was meat pies (something new).

Saw Mario Van Peebles' Baadasssss! at the Varsity.  It's the story of how his father Melvin (whom he plays) made Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song,  the low-budget hit that started the blaxploitation wave back in 1971.  Pretty entertaining.  

It started half an hour late, so I left about ten minutes before the end so I could get home in time for Six Feet Under. (That's how much of a fan I am!) But after I got home my glasses disappeared overnight.  Fortunately, we always tape it. [I later saw the whole movie on video.]

No comments:

Post a Comment