Sunday, September 2, 2018

August 26, 2003

Dreamed of the Terence Rattigan play In Praise of Love (which I saw in London in 1995--its closing line is "We don't have all night!  Then again, I guess we do..."); people in the land of Oz climbing tall trees; a martial-arts heroine in a movie scene playing tennis against a group of men, with deadly darts; Montgomery Clift appearing in the scene; remembering that Clift was long dead, and wondering how he got into the scene. (CGI?)

Moira and I picked up our film festival stuff in the morning.  They're showing Erich Von Stroheim's The Merry Widow!

Baked raisin bread.

Went shopping.  They've renovated the whole supermarket [No Frills at the Dufferin Mall].

Montage, the local Mensa bulletin, is looking for a new editor.  I think I'll apply. [Didn't get it because I wasn't considered "proactive"...]

Made my film festival selections.  Most of them are either old movies or documentaries.

Dinner was salmon.

Saw Christopher Guest's A Mighty Wind at the Paradise.  It's a mock documentary about '60s folk music.  An uneven comedy, often droll but oddly creepy.  Fred Willard had the funniest moments as a smarmy manager.

Went to karaoke and sang "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go," "Feelin' Groovy" (in an overly fast tempo that missed the song's point!) and "Consider Yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment