Monday, September 3, 2018

August 28, 2003



Michael Moore: "If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine or the people in that community, what would you say to them if they were here right now?"
Marilyn Manson: "I wouldn't say a single word to them.  I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no-one did"--Bowling for Columbine

Dreamed of being cast in a play of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as Charlie's unemployed father (who didn't even appear in the Gene Wilder movie version); an episode of The Flintstones about a man and a woman being brainwashed into becoming cat burglars by a doctor brought into the country by Johnny of Johnny and Luther Htoo, the real-life twins who used to lead God's Army in Burma. (They were on my mind because I noticed in the film festival schedule a movie directed by Johnny To.)

Went out to see an eye doctor, but my old one is out of business.  I found a new one, but he's closed until after Labor Day.

Dinner was chicken curry.

We rented Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine.  I'd seen it before, but I did look at the bonus features, including a part where he talked about his anti-Bush Oscar acceptance speech.

Return to Jalna gets off to a slow start.  It doesn't help that Renny and Piers, my two favorite characters, are off fighting in World War II. (They both return later in the book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment