Sunday, March 10, 2024

March 6, 2009

Lewis J. Lapham: "I don't know anybody who questions Obama's willingness to perform the labors of Hercules, but where does he find the lionskin and the club?  The redistribution of the society's rich and poor require the hiring of domestic help willing to move the furniture"--Harper's


"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"--The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Dreamed of waking up really early in the morning; noticing that a Mennonite couple had moved into a house at the end of our street in my hometown of Sackville, N.B., but not wanting to meet them just then because I was naked; finding some old magazines with information about my father when he was young; a new Pee-Wee Herman movie.


Baked raisin bread.


The warm weather has returned!


Got my hair cut.


The parents and I saw Sam Mendes' Revolutionary Road at the Carleton.  Believable but very depressing.


Afterward we ate at the Golden Griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment