Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March 1, 2009

"Every city has two places:  uptown, where people are cursed with having money, and downtown, where people are cursed with not having money"--For Heaven's Sake


"What happened in the following days between the man with the mansion and the miss with a mission--is none of your business!"--ibid.


Performed Carmen for the last time.  I forgot to bring my camera, but I'd taken enough pictures already.  I managed to attach my uniform's loose buttons with safety pins. (Barbara thanked me for coming back this year.) We sold 408 tickets, surpassing the number from the final Madama Butterfly performance four years ago.


Afterward we went to a cast party at Opera Bob's on Dundas Streets, which is actually owned by an opera singer!  Giuseppe left early and so did I. (Yvette was driving hgim home and dropped me off too.)


Dinner was KFC.


Saw the DVD of the silent Harold Lloyd comedy For Heaven's Sake, about a young millionaire falling in love with a woman working in her father's street mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment