Tuesday, March 12, 2024

March 7, 2009

"I repeat, all planet leave in cancelled.  I've just had an unhappy love affair, so I don't see why anybody else should have a good time"--The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace.  It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water"--ibid.

"Usually, as soon as I mention ornithology, folks sort of switch off and--" "Shhh!"--Watchmen


Dreamed of being in the fourth-floor reading room of the Robarts Library and seeing the floors lined with maps of oceans and islands; the library closing at midnight by playing a fanfare on the P.A.; being in a music group with Keira Knightley; considering giving her my raincoat because it was pouring outside but seeing she already had one.


Dinner was McDonald's.


Went to the Karaoke Meetup, at Groundhog's this month.  I sang "Sundown" and "Can't Help Falling in Love." One guy was brave enough to sing a random song! (They call that "Russian roulette.")

No comments:

Post a Comment