Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 25, 2077

Dreamed of being a schoolboy in Shanghai's International Settlement before World War II; escaping from a school controlled by evil Japanese; meeting Ralph Fiennes and prophesying World War II to him; being in a bus with a TV with an old-fashioned wired remote control, showing 60 Minutes at the commercial break just before the first story.


Baked some gingerbread and took it to the Columbus Centre for the Toronto City Opera fundraiser.  There was some good singing. (I donated $20.) I think Natalie got a nosejob.  Afterward I brought some cookies and stuff home.


Dinner was roast chicken. (Since I'd just snacked quite a bit at the fundraiser, that left me pretty full.)


Saw the DVD of the first hour of Chen Kaige's Farewell, My Concubine (for the second time). Never a dull moment.  Because the DVD player needs replacing, we saw it in black & white.

No comments:

Post a Comment