Monday, November 21, 2022

November 14, 2007

Tony Soprano: "'Remember when?' is the lowest form of conversation"--The Sopranos


Dreamed of a story about a man with a plan to seek his fortune and a woman who married him and joined in his search, resulting in complete failure; the wife dying first and the husband on his deathbed reflecting that he'd failed to provide for her; being at an airport where a plane carrying a civil servant from Washington, D.C., sent to investigate racial discrimination, crashed into a building, causing many deaths; wanting to leave the airport but finding long queues waiting for transport; finding myself with a crowd of people next morning in a parking garage that was floating(!) over a flooded plain; the Sharon Stone movie Sliver (which I haven't seen--I'd just read an obituary for Ira Levin, who'd written the book).


The parents and I saw Jonathan Demme's documentary Jimmy Carter:  The Man From Plains at the Carlton.  Mother's a great admirer of Carter, and I still think that he was more sinned against than sinning.


Afterward we dined at the Golden Griddle, where I ate spaghetti and meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment