Friday, November 18, 2022

November 11, 2007

Carmela: "You two [her son A.J. and his girlfriend] have a fight?"

A.J.: "I don't know."

--The Sopranos


I felt well enough to go to the Brunch Club Meetup.  This time we went to the Golden Griddle near Lawrence Station.  I had an English breakfast and a lot of pastry.


That History of Progress book is fascinating!


Dinner was pork chops.


Now that my Zip consignment of 16 DVD for the month is largely finished until the 16th, I rented the DVD of the first episodes of the final season of The Sopranos, which is turning into Samson Agonistes!  Tony's dysfunctionality is coming to resemble Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm, without the belly laughs.


I rented it from Captain Video, which is selling off its videocassettes at $2.50 apiece, so I bought the Cagney gangster movies The Public Enemy, The Roaring Twenties and White Heat, and the Bogart movie Key Largo.

No comments:

Post a Comment