Saturday, October 15, 2022

October 9, 2007

 What a day!


I'd dreamed about singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" from the movie with the same title; recalling that when James Cagney sang it, he seemed to be reciting the words without the melody.


In the morning I distributed the proportional representation literature I had on hand in our immediate neighbourhood.  Then at noon, I joined other MMPers for a leaflet blitz downtown in the financial district, then near Dundas Square.  The place was like a brick wall!  Afterward I dealt with my remaining stuff the same as in the morning, so there was no waste anyway.


Late in the afternoon I did the same think near St. Clair & Yonge.  This time, I had somewhat better luck. (A woman who'd come outside for a smoke sympathized with my tough job.)


Dinner was the rest of the Indian food.


In the evening I distributed the leaflets left over from the afternoon, again in my area.


I hope the referendum doesn't turn out like the 1992 Charlottetown Referendum, with people voting no simply because they think it "empowers" them. [Alas, that's what happened.]

No comments:

Post a Comment