Friday, October 14, 2022

October 7, 2007

"I hope to become the first woman President or a Rockette"--Hairspray

Korny Kollins: "Gee, how do you fire Korny Kollins from The Korny Kollins Show?"

"They do it all the time on Lassie!"--ibid.

"If I'd let you go out you'd now be in prison fighting hookers for cigarettes!"--ibid.

"Even as we speak, your daughter is entering a nest of moral... turpentine!"--ibid.

"Tracy, eat your doughnuts"--ibid.

"My husband... accidentally suffocated"--ibid.


Dreamed of an older person recalling seeing some Tarzan movies decades ago with a star called Dean Banner(?); an actual Cheech & Chong routine with the exchange "It's me, Dave!" "Dave ain't here!"; a reprint of British comics by Sir Nicolas Crack(?); the actual British comic Brassneck [about a robotic schoolboy].


I meant to go to the Snail Pace Walking Meetup at the Old Mill station, but I overslept and didn't get there in time. (Assuming that other people showed up...)


Instead I saw the musical version of Hairspray at the newly reopened Revue. (It still has the smell of fresh paint.) It was quite good, and almost as zippy as the John Waters original.


Dinner was McDonald's (I was going to eat at Harvey's but they were closed for some reason.)


The rest of the family returned from Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment