Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 14, 2007

"We should worry about killing too few people!"--Lust, Caution


Dreamed of a London policeman grabbing my hand.


Went to the first Brunch Club Meetup at Didier's.  There were seven people there, and four of us (including me) ordered Eggs Benedict.  Organizer Patricia had an envelope full of slips with questions to start discussion.  I pulled out "What objects would you put in a time capsule?" and I said "Britney Spears." (Big laugh.)


Then I joined the We Don't Do Mainstream Movie Meetup to see Ang Lee's World War II Chinese spy drama Lust, Caution.  It was pretty depressing.  I had to leave before the movie was over, just after the rough sex scene that got it an NC-17 rating.


Then I tried to go to the Over the Hill Philosophy Meetup, but when I got to the Riverdale neighbourhood, I couldn't remember the address! (I didn't have time to check online in the morning.)


Dinner was the rest of the stew.


Saw the first two episodes of The Tudors, which Father had taped.  It was trying too hard not to be a stodgy, old-fashioned drama. (Too much sniffling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment