Monday, May 3, 2021

April 27, 2006

"Supposing that I asked you to marry me, what would you say?"--The New World (Were there Sensitive New Age Guys 400 years ago?)


I've started doing my full workday on Thursdays. (Tuesday's a better day for an afternoon nap.) There wasn't much to do today.  I did a lot of shredding, and boxed some attendance reports and complements.  I also did another big pile of resumes.


Started reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time.  So far it's more accessible than I expected. [My father was a physicist, and he told me there were parts that were over his head!]


Dinner was roast chicken.


Saw Terence Malick's The New World at the Paradise.  Handsome production, silly movie.  Would it have been any better if Colin Farrell (John Smith) and Christian Bale (John Rolfe) had traded roles? [In one scene a colonist calls Smith the only "professional soldier" in Jamestown.  Now that sounds like exposition; "true soldier" would have sounded more authentic.]


Baked whole wheat bread overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment