Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 4, 2004

Dreamed of waiting in a motel for Father to come back and pick me up; singing "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "The Big Rock Candy Mountain"; having fun with other writers thinking up lame TV show concepts like pairing two "sidekick" characters with each other for activities like crime-solving and developing visual promo ads; reflecting that Andrew McCarthy had his best role in Pretty in Pink. (I should see it again.)

Baked whole wheat bread.

Dinner was McDonald's.

We went to Revue Video and rented some videos (including a couple of Michael Redgrave films for Moira).

Saw the Elizabeth R episode where she was courted by the French prince (nicely played by Michael Williams).

Robert Fulford in The National Post said that the results of Reagan's anti-communism were "mostly good." That apologia makes  me so angry that I stayed awake well past midnight planning the letter I'm going to send them. [It reminded me of the Chinese Communist Party declaring Mao Zedong's policies "two-thirds good": both were rationalizing destructive wickedness.]

No comments:

Post a Comment