Sunday, September 22, 2019

September 15, 2004

Bernd Eichinger on Hitler: "He was a human being, he was not an elephant."

Saw The Downfall at the Ryerson cinema.  It's a long, devastating drama about Berlin in the last days of World War II. (There was an appearance by producer-writer Bernd Eichinger.) It started about noon, so I missed lunch.

I left with a big headache. (It didn't help that it was a noisy movie, with lots of bombing and artillery sound effects.) When I came home, I took another hot bath.

Dinner was back bacon.

Saw Antoine Fuqua's Lightning in a Bottle, also at the Ryerson.  That one's an entertaining documentary about a Radio City blue concert, with veterans like B.B. King.

Afterward I went to a Poetry Meetup.  Like the night before, I was late getting there but it didn't matter because I couldn't find anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment