Thursday, September 5, 2019

August 23, 2004

Dreamed of taking a swimming course; the Elvis song "Memories" fused with Glen Campbell's "True Grit" theme song.

In the reprint I've been reading, Terry and the Pirates improved remarkably in the first year.

Went shopping.  We also rented some videos at Revue.

Dinner was chicken (which I fried).

Saw the video of the first episode of the BBC series Elizabeth R. (It shows how Elizabeth I survived her political difficulties in the years before becoming Queen.) It's a terrific show, with Glenda Jackson at her considerable best in the title role.  I recall this as the best of all the episodes. [Later I decided I preferred the fifth episode, about defeating the Spanish Armada.]

Read the Classics Illustrated special issue "The Atomic Age."

No comments:

Post a Comment