Friday, August 10, 2018

August 5, 2003

Dreamed of a non-existent Asterix comic book; an actual 1980s TV ad where David Birney referred to "hundreds of live sightings" of American POWs still being held in Vietnam.

Saw the second half of the Hullabaloo DVD.  The high points were the Motown acts, of course.  Also Dionne Warwick's song "Message to Michael," which I'd never heard before.

Went shopping.

Dinner was fettucine with pesto sauce, which I cooked.

Saw Green Grow the Rushes, a lightweight 1950s British comedy about a coastal town that tolerates smuggling, with Richard Burton in one of his first roles.  It was pretty thin. (Ealing Studios did it better.)

Went to karaoke.  I sang "Pink Houses," "Get Back," and "If I Were a Rich Man." Just as I was about to sing the third song, this jerk whom I'd seen flicking cigarette ash onto the carpet right next to an ashtray tried to go ahead of me.  When he said "He's sung three times already," I said "Only twice." Johnny Blue stood firm and I sang.

No comments:

Post a Comment