Tuesday, August 21, 2018

August 14, 2003

Dreamed of Father writing in code.

The parents were going to depart for Cape Breton today, but they'll be a few days late because Father has to get a wisdom tooth pulled.

In the afternoon we drove to Hollywood Canteen to return the DVDs.  Lucky we didn't go 90 minutes later or we would have been stuck in blackout traffic! [This was the time of the big blackout in the northeast.]

Went out to the library to return Land of Oz.  It was on the way back that the blackout hit.  I was on a streetcar but I was pretty close to my stop.

Skipped dinner because we couldn't cook.  I wasn't hungry anyway.

Started reading Samuel Eliot Morison's Oxford History of the American People. [I didn't get far in it.  Maybe I'll try it again someday.]

After the sun set and before the moon rose, I went out in my pajamas and saw more stars than I'd seen in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment