Friday, July 27, 2018

July 23, 2003

Dreamed of the song "Little Willie and the Hand Jive"; visiting a colony on the moon; jumping down from the (actual) balcony next to my room to our back yard [we've removed it since]; the Chava ballet sequence from Fiddler on the Roof.

Had my second-last dancing lesson.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Saw two Carl Dreyer silents.  The first was The Parson's Widow, about at 17th-century Swede who becomes a preacher, except that he has to marry his predecessor's aged widow instead of his fiancee. (A bit like Henry James, but with more humor.) The second was Master of the House, a comedy about a complaining husband who gets humbled by his mother.

I really identify with the stuff about Harry Potter being awkward with girls. (Though I wouldn't have been careless enough to give Cho Chang the impression that I had a date with Hermione.)

Another backache. (Seeing two movies in a row sometimes has that effect on me.)

Baked multigrain bread overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment