Thursday, July 26, 2018

July 21, 2003

Dreamed of being undecided whether to buy a ticket to the last screening in the Cinematheque summer season (a non-existent medieval movie about an uncrowned king); Father driving to Aulac near Sackville with me in the morning to pick up Mother; still being in bed on the ferry to Prince Edward Island when it arrived.

Had a dance lesson with Sue. I'm glad I had one more with hear before I finish.  But I wish I hadn't been so nervous.

Dinner was pork chops.

Rented the video of Elia Kazan's Gentleman's Agreement, in which Gregory Peck (who else?) investigated anti-Semitism in 1947 America.  It was liberal in a rather slow, painfully earnest way. (Peck uncovers anti-Jewish hiring practices at his own magazine, where I couldn't help noticing that everyone was white.) A bit too aware of how "controversial" the material was (for its time). [This is one movie I've totally forgotten!]

No comments:

Post a Comment