Friday, July 20, 2018

July 15, 2003

Professor Umbridge: "This is school, Mr. Potter, not the real world"--Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Dreamed of trying to finish some corn on the cob that wasn't very good (the other day I was eating corn on the cob, but that corn was pretty good); being in Prince Edward Island and walking all the way from Charlottetown to a place dozens of miles away; wandering into someone's house, picking up and dropping J.B. Bury's book about ancient Greece (a book we have), and meeting a teenage black girl who posted on the Mr. Cranky website; her telling me she liked posting but often worried she wasn't in the right position to join a thread; telling her that there were no rules, and she should just take a position.

On second thought, I think Signs is nonsense.

Saw Robert Rodriguez' Spy Kids 2.  It was silly fun, like the first one.  Its visual design was an homage to the special effects legend Ray Harryhausen.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Baked whole wheat bread.

Suzanne at eharmony.com decided to close communication with me before asking me detailed questions.  Oh, well.

The sixth Harry Potter book is the best one yet!  There's something sad about the increasing rage among the schoolkids.  I remember how angry I was when I was 15. [Long story...]

Went to karaoke.  I sang "All Night Long," "Memories," and the "Beat It" parody "Eat It." On the way back there was some heavy fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment