Thursday, July 19, 2018

July 14, 2003

Dreamed of going along a Sackville street; thinking of how I'm always dreaming about Sackville; Dirty Dick, an actual character in the British comics weekly The Dandy; Jesus Collver, a (not actual) character in an illustrated narrative in The Dandy, a young assistant to an older prosecutor, sent to investigate a house but being captured (there was someone named Jesus in Sound of Brazil); the prosecutor coming to the house, but JC managing to signal that it wasn't safe; the story being set in Devon, one illustration showing a plaque saying "Mary Tyler Moore was born here."

Shelled the first peas of the season.  Afterward, I watered the compost one more time.

Dinner was chicken (which I fried). I overcooked the peas.

Went out and rented the DVDs for M. Night Shyamalan's Signs and Spy Kids 2Signs was an oddly conservative thriller about alien invasion, directed with much the same brooding atmosphere Shyamalan brought to The Sixth Sense.  I prefer the latter:  ghosts interest me more than aliens.  It was the perfect movie for the USA in the post-9/11 period.

Started typing out the May entries of this diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment