Friday, April 6, 2018

April 5, 2003


Dreamed of tuning in a NYC station on the TV set; of the TV set being in a new setting, next to wax grapes and other fruit; of trying to carry firewood and kindling up a ladder.

Got up at 10:25.

Saw The World of Apu, the last of Satyajit Ray's superb Apu trilogy.

Dinner was McDonald's.  I had to eat quickly because I had only half an hour between movies.

Also saw Fritz Lang's Scarlet Street (for the second time) at the Cinematheque.  It's a really classic film noir.  And that ending...

Went to the Mensa games night.  I only arrived about 9:00, and you have to get there early to get games going.  But I did have a game of Scrabble.  It was really close, with less than 10 points between first and last place.  Afterward I listened to some conversations.

The streetcar was late, so I didn't get home until 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment