Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July 25, 2008

'His actions judge him.' 'As do yours.'              --Kung Fu                                          'If I knew what was good for me, I wouldn't be me'--The Marrying Kind                          [On the year after the death of their son] 'I don't know how we lived through it.  Maybe we didn't'--ibid.                                                                               Dreamed of writing a new Batman movie with Robin a street-wise black kid from the ghetto, and the villains coming together as a group and scheming against each other, and one of the villains adopting an anti-Robin of his own.                                                                           Went to Hakim Optical and bought a new glasses case. [They cleaned my glasses too.]                                                                                       Dinner was the rest of the fettucine alfredo.                                                                                   Saw the DVD of the Kung Fu episode 'Arrogant Dragon,' which I remembered seeing back in 1974. [Or at least I recalled the first China flashback, with a robber.]                                                                                                  Saw the DVD of George Cukor's The Marrying Kind.  It's an observant comedy-drama with good chemistry between Judy Holliday and Aldo Ray as a quarrelling couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment