Monday, August 28, 2023

August 26, 2008

"A Chinese assumes the rules are made for others.  This is how citizens carry on in a nation of rules.  That is how they survived years of Communist dictatorship"--Jan Wong, Beijing Confidential


"I don't have a jealous bone in my body any more."

"I wonder how you can walk"--The Bob Newhart Show


Dreamed of visiting my hometown of Sackville and seeing that a flood had just left our old home underwater. (Does that mean I'm starting to let go?)


Saw the DVD of a documentary about America's polio epidemic.


Dinner was spaghetti.


I'm enjoying that documentary series about World War I.


I've rediscovered some of the surviving basement threads at mrcranky.com, including those in the forums for the movies The Wild Bunch and The Full Monty.

No comments:

Post a Comment