Tuesday, August 22, 2023

August 18, 2008

Dreamed of being about to start writing another Ph.D. dissertation, and being afraid; seeing the skyline of Sydney, Australia, at a distance (including the famous opera house); entering a boarding school with Flashman from Tom Brown's School Days; Colonel Sanders; Soames from Galsworthy's The Forsyte Saga.


Went to Remenyi's and bought the score for Schubert's "An die Musik." I got it as part of a big book of 50 German songs, which they sold at half price because it had some pretty minor water damage!


Then I went to the Lillian Smith library and borrowed five books of Encyclopedia Brown mysteries. (That's my new nostalgia craze.)


Dinner was KFC.


Went to a Coro Verdi rehearsal for our mass next Sunday. (This time, I will be there.)


For a while it looked like I'd have ten people coming to this Saturday's Lunch Club Meetup, but the number's dribbled away to four! (Not encouraging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment