Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 13, 2008

Bart--'What's the point of this story...' Homer--'I like stories...'                                                Bart--'I have a story that's so scary you'll wet your pants...' Grandpa--'Too late...' [The kids move away.]                                                      --The Simpsons                                                                                           Baked white bread. [I actually lost count of which type to bake next and had to check in this diary what I'd made previously.]                                                                   At today's singing lesson I told Giuseppe I'd like to learn some lieder and he suggested Schubert's 'An die Musik.' [I hope I can pronounce German.]                                                                              On the way home I picked up Michael Moore's Stupid White Men at the Palmerston library. [It's the next book we'll be discussing at the Book Club Meetup.] I also borrowed a book of Encylopedia Brown mysteries.                                                              Dinner was ham.                                                                                  I was going to attend the Walkers Meetup, but I was stuck 20 minutes waiting for a bus and would have been too late.                                                         Finished Nicholson Baker's Human Smoke.  It leaves you with a lot of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment