Sunday, December 12, 2021

December 9, 2006

"History has a vacancy..."

"It truly has!"

"...on this school's staff."

--The History Boys


"Don't you get tired of always being right?"--The Rise of Louis XIV


Dreamed of a show with Kevin Spacey, being put on in an actual small building in my hometown of Sackville, N.B., where they used to have the Busy Bee Kindergarten; sneaking into the backstage area and getting out just as Spacey and others were coming in; a homicide case where a woman fired a gun at another woman standing next to her, except that it was a virtual-reality game gun that couldn't really hurt you, except that the latter was so close that she was killed by an empty shell(!), while a man a distance away thought the gun was real and shot the first woman dead before he realized he was never in danger; fleeing the law.


The parents and I went to the Cumberland to see Nicholas Hytner's movie of Alan Bennett's play The History Boys. (I would have liked a bit more history in it.) Afterward we ate at Pizza Hut again.  The parents had a pizza and I had spaghetti.


Then I went to the Queen Mother and met Enoch for an Opera Lovers Meetup.  But I had to leave early for a movie.


Saw Roberto Rossellini's The Rise of Louis XIV, which left me wondering "What happened next?"


Baked multigrain bread overnight. (I would have baked whole wheat, but I'd forgotten that we'd run out of that flour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment