Thursday, December 2, 2021

December 2, 2006

Red Skelton (to an annoying kid): "I wish you were my size, then I'd cut you down to your size!"--The Fuller Brush Man


Dreamed of waking up in a car on the ferry leaving Cape Breton for Newfoundland; the car driving down to an amusement park with a Ferris wheel decorated with lollipops.


Dinner was KFC.


The parents spent the afternoon watching the Liberal convention. (I had a feeling that Stephane Dion might win, just because of the Liberal tradition of alternating between Anglophone and Francophone leaders.)


Three DVDs which zip.ca mailed Tuesday still haven't arrived!  We have two others, but they're Moira's choices and she's away in Kingston this weekend.  So instead I watched a videocassette that I'd recently bought cheap:  the 1948 comedy The Fuller Brush Man, which I recall seeing as a kid.  Lots of goofy slapstick.


I feel oddly depressed these days, and can't even finish sorting my comics.


Father wrote me a $1500 cheque, so I'll be able to make a big payment on my Visa debt.


Baked whole wheat bread overnight (with a bit of rye flour because the whole wheat flour ran out.)


Didn't get to sleep till after 04:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment