Thursday, December 23, 2021

December 21, 2006

On the "Let them eat cake" quote attributed to her: "I would never say that!"--Marie Antoinette


Dreamed of a young king who made himself popular by buying up a whole lot of 78 RPM records and giving them away to a crowd of teenage girls; a children's book with a story by horror writer HP Lovecraft(!); saying that in my PhD thesis I left out a lot that could have been added, which Marco Polo said at the end of his memoir.


Went shopping. (Someone took our cart while we were in the checkout!)


Dinner was Chinese food. (My fortune said "You will inherit a large sum of money." A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.)


Saw Sofia Coppola's curious Marie Antoinette at the Regent.  Kirsten Dunst shamelessly played herself, and darned if she didn't pull it off!  I can somehow believe that Versailles was like high school. (If you ask me, MA was a scapegoat.) Something about Steve Coogan always makes me smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment