Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September 25, 2004

Dreamed of finally starting to read that Classics Illustrated comic of Victor Hugo's The Man Who Laughs [I finally read it last year]; a kitchen gadget combining a dozen egg-beaters.

Dinner was spaghetti.

Baked raisin bread. (We're out of cinnamon.) This time I got the balance right, and the loaf wasn't too big or too small!

Saw the video of Melvyn Bragg's famous 1994 interview with British TV screenwriter Dennis Potter, shortly before the latter's death.  Potter had a lot to say about having terminal cancer, remembering his youth and despising the Rupert Murdoch empire.

Finally finished the big batch of Menomonee Falls Gazette issues I got a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm on the two I got yesterday.

Saw the video of the first episode in the nine-hour Royal Shakespeare Company production of Dicken's Nicholas Nickleby from the early 1980s.  Brisk melodrama acted to the rafters. (It was filmed at the Old Vic, which I've been to several times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment