Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 2, 2004

"I'm the only one who knows Van Meer is still alive.  That's the reason they want to kill me." "I can think of others..."--Foreign Correspondent

"An accident must befall him!"--Gunpowder, Treason and Plot

Went to the dance class at the Overland Learning Centre.  The place took a while to find, and I was 15 minutes late.  Genny is also taking the course. (I should have known!) [Genny is someone I knew from my year taking dance lessons at the Arthur Murray studio in Kingsway.]

Picked up an employment application at Indigo Books at Yonge & Eglinton.

Cooler weather has arrived.

Dinner was boiled ham.

Saw the second half of the TV drama Gunpowder, Treason and Plot, dealing with James I and Guy Fawkes.  Still a little much.

Saw Alfred Hitchcock's Foreign Correspondent (for the second time) on one of the videos we bought.  It's a paranoid variation on the "innocent abroad" theme, and remarkably uneven:  some parts are gripping, others just goofy. [It didn't help that the movie was filmed on the eve of World War II, and producer Walter Wanger kept ordering changes to make sure it would stay up to date.]

No comments:

Post a Comment