Friday, October 11, 2019

October 6, 2004

Dreamed of the comic strip Modesty Blaise; renting the video of a non-existent movie titled The Hill, starring Rod Steiger and set in early-20th century Ireland; realizing I was about to get the DVD of the same movie from zip.ca; the Clint Eastwood musical Paint Your Wagon (which I've never seen); a non-existent chorus girls' number from it about Alka-Seltzer with the melody from the opening number of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor; my hands being sticky from holding a glazed doughnut.

Went to the doctor and got my blood level checked.

Finally finished reading You Must Remember This.

Borrowed The Amber Spyglass, the last of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. (I almost walked out without signing it out!  Fortunately, nobody noticed.)

Got what potatoes I could from the garden.

Dinner was steak (and some of the spuds I dug up).

There were almost 20 people at the drama course!  We did stuff like a master-slave game where the master gives orders to the slave and can make him die if he isn't happy with him.  When I was master I ended up making myself die!  

Then we did a scene where someone plays an expert on a subject which everyone else asks him questions about, and he answers them all as if he knew all about it.  I played an expert on the sociocultural significance of Archie comics.  They were rolling on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment