Sunday, August 4, 2019

July 6, 2004

Dreamed of a group of people meeting at a country estate, like in the movies Rules of the Game and Gosford Park; a university course discussing California culture as seen in Cyra McFadden's actual novel The Serial. (I've seen the movie.)

Sore throat.

Father and I went out and bought a new DVD player that comes with a VCR.

Got another pile of Classics Illustrated comics, including "Negro Americans:  The Early Years."

Dinner was chicken (which I fried).

Saw Mario Van Peebles' Baadasssss!, about his father Melvin making the blaxploitation classic Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song, at the Carleton. I'd seen it at the Film Festival, with the title How to Get the White Man's Foot Outta Your Ass, but left before it was finished because it was late getting started and I wanted to get home to watch Six Feet Under.  This time I stayed to the end.  Really entertaining.

Finished the Classics Illustrated special comic "Crossing the Rockies."

No comments:

Post a Comment