Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August 13, 2004

"Smile.  Not so much"--Eyes Without a Face

Dreamed of the teachers at my junior high school in Sackville calling me in for a visit; turning out that they thought I was dying(!).

Saw the video of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger's I Know Where I'm Going.  It's a romantic story about a woman on the coast of Scotland waiting for the wind to calm down so the ferry can take her to the millionaire she's engaged to, and she meets another man....  Pretty atmospheric.

We did the July book accounts.  About $200 profit.

Baked whole wheat bread.

Saw George Franju's horror classic Eyes Without a Face at the Cinematheque, for the second time.  Creepy in a very French sort of way.

Couldn't resist bidding on some more issues of the Menomonee Falls Gazette.

No comments:

Post a Comment