Wednesday, August 7, 2019

July 13, 2004

Got up early for an appointment with Dr. Hassan.  I was going to bring him some cherries, but I forgot.

The parents also got up early and went to Markham again to pick strawberries and raspberries.  Pui and Gordon came along.

Got The Penguin Book of Comics (from the 1960s) and an issue of The World Around Us about US presidents, along with two issues of The Menomonee Falls Guardian. (which was like The Menomonee Falls Gazette, but more with gag strips).

Didn't get much sleep the night before, so I napped in the morning and again in the afternoon. (In the afternoon I dreamed of the Mappin terraces at the London Zoo.)

Father drove me down to the Revue so I could see Hello, Dolly.  We were in a hurry, but it turned out that it wasn't on that night. [I've still never seen it.]

Dinner was spaghetti.

There was hardly anyone at karaoke, so I got to sing six songs again: "When I'm Sixty-Four," "Dancing in the Streets," "The Wild Rover," "Dancing in the Dark," "The Heart of Rock and Roll" and "With a Little Help From My Friends." (Jim sang eight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment