Monday, August 19, 2019

July 31, 2004

"When did you know I liked you?" "When I asked you for food and you didn't answer"--Ossessione

The parents went to Kingston to pick up Moira.

Went out to meet the Japanese students, but the place was closed.

Read the King of the Royal Mounted adventure in which someone tried to frame him as a jewel thief, then he uncovered a scientist who'd built an electronic-beam gun.

Dinner was Harvey's. (I went to the bathroom before my hamburger was finished, and they thought I'd left and threw it out.  Fortunately they gave me another one.)

Saw Luchino Visconti's Ossessione, an unofficial Italian version of The Postman Always Rings Twice.  It's the one where a drifter has sex with a married woman, they murder her husband, then stew in their own juice.  It ends up with a frightening sense of fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment