Friday, November 17, 2023

November 9, 2008

"Another performance like that and you'll be scrubbing bidets in a Bulgarian convent!"

"Ooh, Daddy, I'm so scared."

"We lost Laura two days ago, I lost you years ago."

--Twin Peaks


Went to a Brunch Club Meetup at the Hot House Cafe, which I can take or leave. (We met at 09:30 so I had to leave without having breakfast beforehand.)


John and Kathrine came over for a vegan dinner. (I cut up our remaining squash and baked it with some apples.) But Merle was late arriving and I had to leave early, so I missed out.


Went to the Socrates Cafe Meetup at The Second Cup near Bloor and Bathurst.  There were only two of us, but we had some interesting conversation.  Afterward I ate at Burger King.


Saw the DVD of Tod Browning's silent melodrama The Wicked Darling, with Lon Chaney in one of his gangster roles.


I also saw the DVD of the first two episodes of the fifth season of The Simpsons, including the Cape Fear parody with Sideshow Bob.  

No comments:

Post a Comment