Monday, November 27, 2023

November 23, 2008

"He's just a boy!"

"He's as old as his gun."

--Ride Lonesome

"She ain't ugly"--ibid.


Dreamed of meeting David Letterman's bandleader Paul Schaffer but being too nervous to say anything; me closing my eyes and him throwing dust on me resulting in a fun dust fight; mentioning that my favourite cameo in This Is Spinal Tap is him  as the concert promoter.


Saw the Budd Boetticher-Randolph Scott western Ride Lonesome at the Cinematheque.  Efficient and entertaining.


Afterward I killed some time at the Reference Library and copied the song score of "Le Veau d'Or" from Gounod's Faust.


Then I met Basil and a couple of others from the Life Enhancement Meetup and we discussed our plans at Fran's near the College station.  I didn't have much to contribute to the discussion, but I'll be organizing the karaoke and book club events and articulating the group's "vision." (Basil used to be a dissident in Saddam Hussein's Iraq.  He must be grateful to be alive!)


Dinner was lasagna.


Finished the "Wohin?" song score and printed it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment