Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 15, 2008

Dreamed of reflecting that if I saw the plot of the alien invasion movie Signs as a newspaper report I'd consider it a fabrication; visiting Paris and wandering into the Presidential Palace to ask for directions.


Dinner was fish.


Went to the first Chinese Literature Meetup at the Starbuck's in Rosedale.  The organizer handed out computer discs with an unpublished full-version translation of Dream of the Red Chamber, scanned into PDF files.  We'll be meeting twice a month, but it may take us all year.


After I got home, I read the first chapter.  It looks gripping.


Wrote a post on my blog about Mister Kitty's "Stupid Comics" website, and the comic-book cover scan I found there showing a gorilla robbing a library to advance his plan to conquer the earth.  I also discussed an issue of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen  I remembered reading, and posted a cover scane of it that I'd found at comics.org .  (It shows Jimmy as a hippie leading a protest against Superman.)

No comments:

Post a Comment