Wednesday, April 8, 2020

April 4, 2005

Dreamed of visiting Detroit; writing down some dreams and finding out that they were "real life" experiences; getting up and finding the time was 14:30 (I actually got up about 13:00); translating into Chinese  and Japanese Humphrey Bogart's line from The Caine Mutiny:

There are four ways of doing things aboard my ship. The right way, the wrong way, the Navy way and my way.  If they do things my way, we'll get along.

Dinner was roast beef.

Got two more Dick Tracy reprints.  I started reading one of them, with the part where the industrialist Diet Smith got introduced, and B.O. Plenty ended up marrying Gravel Gertie.

At choir practice we did the part of Verdi's La Forza del Destino that comes just before La Vergine dell' Angeli. (We're doing the latter again with it, along with Nessun Dorma and the Don Pasquale serenade.  It's nice to know the pieces already.) I spoke with Giuseppe Macina and arranged to take singing lessons from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment