Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 21, 2005

Went to the OHIP office to speak to them about my health card.  They promised to send it for real, and gave me a document I can use in its place.  To my surprise, I didn't have to wait.

Dinner was roast chicken.

Saw Bill Condon's bio Kinsey at the Paradise. (I had to see it because Dr. Laura was boycotting it!) Alfred Kinsey was a pioneering sex researcher but also a royal kook.  The movie's remarkable food for thought.

Then I went to the Bloor for a special screening, presented by the horror magazine Rue Morgue, of Mark of the Devil, an extremely cheap 1971 horror opus about witch hunts in the early 18th century.  It was a real dog, with bad dubbing and bland program music, and I left in the middle.

Before the movie started they had a 1970s horror movie trivia quiz, which I won! (I correctly guessed that the Jaws ripoff that was the top-grossing independent release of 1976 was Grizzly.) They gave me a toy figure of Creech, a monster created by Todd McFarlane of Spawn fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment