Monday, May 6, 2019

March 27, 2004

"And all this time I thought you wanted to marry me!" "Why did you think that?  I treated you with respect all the time"--Anything Goes

Went to the Tate Modern at Bankside.  I liked the surrealism and some of the political art (not to mention the scattering of impressionism). But I skipped the Constantin Brancusi and Donald Judd exhibits.

In the afternoon I went to the exhibit at the Queen's Gallery next to Buckingham Palace, of stuff related to George III and his wife Charlotte of Mecklenburg.  It was so impressive that I bought a catalogue for Mother to see.

Then I shopped at the famous bookstore Foyle's for a while.  I bought a book of cryptic crosswords from The Times for Moira, and a CD with some episodes of the 1950s BBC radio comedy The Goon Show for Father.

Phoned the parents in the late afternoon.

Dinner was Vietnamese beef curry.

Saw the Cole Porter musical Anything Goes at the Drury Lane.  It was terrific!  Lots of classic songs and some great dance numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment