Friday, May 31, 2019

April 13, 2004

Dreamed of wandering outdoors early in the morning, then returning home holding a sign with an arrow and the word "HOME"; muttering that Ann-Margret in the early 1960s was "a hot number," and being overheard by Moira; seeing a non-existent Raymond Chandler movie from the early 1950s, Tuesday Night and Wednesday Morning, with Humphrey Bogart as Philip Marlowe [he actually played the role in The Big Sleep], ending with a young heir leaving at a safe distance a sputtering time bomb and all his electronic devices that he was suspicious of, then returning into his mansion early in the morning; a BBC drama of a married couple who meet in jail (he was visiting) and ended up in an apartment with a window on an adjacent flat.

I'm afraid I have a bit of a cold.

Went shopping.  We went to the new supermarket in the location of the old Knob Hill complex.  I got the special 30th anniversary issue of People magazine. [Why?]

Went down to the Hawkins Institute, updated my CV, and ran off five copies for the National Job Fair.  I also got a new photo ID for my TTC Metropass. (Too bad I look like a goon!)

Dinner was scalloped potatoes and ham.

Went to a Japanese Meetup at the Organic Buddha Cafe.  There were five people, none of whom spoke the language fluently.  But one suggested going to the JCSA on Saturday afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment