Friday, May 17, 2019

April 3, 2004

"When did you decide you were God?" "I was praying one day, and I noticed I was talking to myself"--The Ruling Class

Dreamed of turning on the TV and Dragnet was on, except that the signal was so weak that the picture was obscured by a computer display, and I thought the show was The Flintstones; missing a broadcast episode of The Sopranos; dancing tango.

Saw the DVD of the 1950s B-movie Thunder Road, with Robert Mitchum as a Kentucky bootlegger.  He was really cool.

Dinner was turkey.

Saw the beginning of Peter Medak's The Ruling Class, a 1972 satire of the British aristocracy in which lunatic Peter O'Toole inherits a title.  It was crudely executed, and we didn't last long.

Instead we watched The Hound of the Baskervilles, with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce as Holmes and Watson.  It took a few liberties with the book, but was still gripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment