Thursday, May 16, 2019

April 1, 2004

Dreamed about talking with Mother about Elijah Harper, the Manitoba Indian MPP who killed the Meech Lake agreement. (The First Nations felt great pride and a sense of "empowerment," but I still believe they should have been ashamed, especially of Harper's undemocratic filibuster tactics.  Harper was on my mind because I saw some TV commercial asking "Who is your idea of a great Canadian?" and showing a picture of Harper along with people like Wilfrid Laurier.)

Saw the video of Agatha Christie's Ordeal by Innocence in the afternoon.  Pretty cheap.

Dinner was McDonald's.

Went to the Cinematheque to see Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers at 18:30, but it turned out that it wasn't till 20:30!  It was a campy, gothic comedy, too heavy-handed for my tastes.  I left after 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment